Don't get me wrong, the members of Free Craft Downloads which we have are all very nice (not met a bad one yet!) and for a site which doesn't have an advertising budget we don't do too bad. According to Stat Counter we have an average of just over 1,200 unique visitors a day over the last 30 days, but in reality that must be a pin prick compared to the number of Crafters who would use our site if they knoew about it surely. All the crafters who do use it seem to love it and appreciate it but how do I get more to look at the free papers?
What I've done so far:
- Increased the range of free downloads to include Free Cross Stitch Patterns, free glass painting designs, free digi stamps, scrap booking layouts as well as the normal backing papers inserts, decoupage and tags.
- Opened a Facebook Group
- Joined various Craft Top 50, 100 lists
- Joined some Craft Banner exchange schemes
- Joined loads of "Craft Links" sites
- Spent a bit of money (not a lot because I don't have it) on google adwords and Facebook ads
- Swapped links with various Craft Related sites.
- Worked to ensure we are at the top or near the top in search engines for popular phrases like Free Decoupage Sheets and Free Craft Downloads.
- Appealed to members to invite their friends.